Hotelschool The Hague is looking for a:
Student Recruitment Officer
(0.8 FTE – Maternity Leave Replacement)
The recruitment team has the responsibility to lead processes and to support the organisation towards professional sales and relationship management.
General function description
- recruits national and international students from German speaking markets for the programmes of HTH;
- develops and manages national and international relations in German speaking markets;
- represents the Hotelschool at various events;
- makes a contribution to the development of the recruitment policy;
- contributes to the sales and recruitment annual plan, with objectives, prognoses, activities and budgets for several markets;
- contributes to the development of new methods and products for recruitment;
- contributes to various (online) channels for the purpose of the promotion of the Hotelschool;
- at least a Bachelor’s degree;
- work experience in sales and/or student recruitment;
- excellent communication and presentation skills in addition to high quality service levels;
- strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with prospective and existing customers;
- a desire to succeed and exceed targets;
- representative, , strong organizational and leadership skills;
- a strong affinity with the hospitality and educational industry;
- an excellent command of the English and German language, both spoken and written;
- available to travel abroad and represent HTH during recruitment events (week- and weekend days)
Hotelschool The Hague offers a salary, between € 2,770.07 and € 3,635.25 based on a full time employment, depending on your professional experience and qualifications.
You will work in an enthusiastic team of colleagues. This employment is temporary due to maternity leave, for 4 days a week (0.8 FTE) from 28 August 2017 till 14 January 2018 or 4 September 2017 till 21 January 2018, including a 2 week Christmas break.
You will work closely together with the Marketing/Communications and Admissions department of Hotelschool The Hague.
To apply for this position, go to: http://hotelschool.nl/en/about-us/vacancies select Student Recruitment Officer and select the “apply” tab on the right portion of the screen.
Please send your application letter and CV in English, to the attention of Mr R.W. van Zwol, Human Resources Department. The application deadline is 7 May 2017.
An English language proficiency test will be part of the selection procedure.
You will be located in The Hague but are willing to work at our school campus in Amsterdam.
Thank you for your interest in Hotelschool The Hague! Is there no current vacancy that matches your profile? Please do not hesitate to submit your open application using the ‘apply’ button, as Hotelschool The Hague is always interested in hospitality and academic professionals to become part of our: Talent Pool
Hotelschool The Hague has approximately 2300 students and over 200 employees.You will join a multidisciplinary team of faculty working in a range of hospitality related business areas. The school community is international, and the program is taught, and all business is conducted completely in English. Hotelschool The Hague has an excellent reputation developed over 85 years; the result of the structured & innovative educational program and the experience and quality of our staff and lecturers. You will join a dynamic, hardworking team of professionals in a challenging but friendly environment.
General Function Description for Faculty
You are able to develop and teach courses that are closely linked to real-world hospitality management practice. You are a professional and motivating lecturer, encouraging both students and colleagues to achieve excellence. You are an active team player willing to cooperate and contribute to the school’s success. You are both coach and lecturer, with a multidisciplinary approach to business problems. You feel at home in a dynamic and international academic environment.
Criteria talent pool
Our focus is on passionate educators who have a combination of significant knowledge of their discipline, experience in the industry, and in teaching. We seek educators who have passion for both sharing their knowledge, and improving their own abilities, as well as truly caring for students. Our objective is to help shape the new generation of industry leaders. To achieve our mission, we seek people with:
- a minimum of a master’s degree; a PhD is desired. Preference will be given to the individual with extensive applicable experience, regardless of the degree;
- considerable (leadership) experience in the international hospitality industry;
- an affinity for higher education, with previous teaching experience; an enthusiastic approach to education with an emphasis on coaching students to deal with real-world professional assignments;
- excellent oral and written command of English;
- excellent social skills, an ability to work independently, and a proactive attitude to problem solving;
- insights into and knowledge of current affairs and developments in (hospitality) management;
- excellent teaching and coaching skills;
- the ability to write scholarly articles
- for all positions international work experience is required.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers an excellent package of fringe benefits, expat services, a retirement pension through ABP, excellent opportunities for further education, the possibility to participate in collective (health) insurance and generous opportunities for sabbatical.