You will be part of a multidisciplinary team of about 20 faculty members working in various subject areas. The school community is about 40 percent international. Because of the international character of the institute, the official language is both English and Dutch. Hotelschool The Hague has a very good reputation, built up over 85 years in existence. The faculty enhances this reputation by focusing on its quality lecturing, and, therefore, will be a challenge for you.
General function description
You are able to develop and teach courses that are closely linked to real-life hospitality management practice. Main goal is to develop the inquisitive mind set of the student. You perform teaching responsibilities in a professional manner, encouraging both students and colleagues to achieve excellence, whilst being an active team player willing to cooperate and contribute to the school’s success. You set the example to approaching business problems in a multidisciplinary way, reinforced through roles as expert and coach in a dynamic, and international academic environment.
- An academic degree at Master’s level
- Knowledge and experience with basic qualitative and quantitative methods
- Considerable experience in translating real life business issues into applied research questions,
which create business value
- An affinity for higher education; an enthusiastic approach to education with an emphasis on coaching students to deal with real-world professional assignments;
- Insights into and knowledge of current affairs and developments in hospitality & services industry
- Knowledge of SPSS
- Excellent verbal and written command of English.
- Excellent social skills, an independent ability to work, and a proactive attitude to solve problems.
The hourly rate depends on experience and qualifications (range between € 50,- and max € 55,-).
You are willing to work at both locations of the school, in The Hague as well as Amsterdam. Starting date is 24 August 2015 and the assignment can vary from 12 to 24 hours per week.
Information about the position is available from Education Management; Mr M. Laterveer, telephone 070-3512481. Please send your application letter and CV in English, for the attention of Ms. Z. Jongkind-Bhaggoe, Human Resources Department before 9 July 2015.
You can apply for this vacancy on http://www.hotelschool.nl/work-at/vacancies
Thank you for your interest in Hotelschool The Hague! Is there no current vacancy that matches your profile? Please do not hesitate to submit your open application using the ‘apply’ button, as Hotelschool The Hague is always interested in hospitality and academic professionals to become part of our: Talent Pool
Hotelschool The Hague has approximately 2300 students and over 200 employees.You will join a multidisciplinary team of faculty working in a range of hospitality related business areas. The school community is international, and the program is taught, and all business is conducted completely in English. Hotelschool The Hague has an excellent reputation developed over 85 years; the result of the structured & innovative educational program and the experience and quality of our staff and lecturers. You will join a dynamic, hardworking team of professionals in a challenging but friendly environment.
General Function Description for Faculty
You are able to develop and teach courses that are closely linked to real-world hospitality management practice. You are a professional and motivating lecturer, encouraging both students and colleagues to achieve excellence. You are an active team player willing to cooperate and contribute to the school’s success. You are both coach and lecturer, with a multidisciplinary approach to business problems. You feel at home in a dynamic and international academic environment.
Criteria talent pool
Our focus is on passionate educators who have a combination of significant knowledge of their discipline, experience in the industry, and in teaching. We seek educators who have passion for both sharing their knowledge, and improving their own abilities, as well as truly caring for students. Our objective is to help shape the new generation of industry leaders. To achieve our mission, we seek people with:
- a minimum of a master’s degree; a PhD is desired. Preference will be given to the individual with extensive applicable experience, regardless of the degree;
- considerable (leadership) experience in the international hospitality industry;
- an affinity for higher education, with previous teaching experience; an enthusiastic approach to education with an emphasis on coaching students to deal with real-world professional assignments;
- excellent oral and written command of English;
- excellent social skills, an ability to work independently, and a proactive attitude to problem solving;
- insights into and knowledge of current affairs and developments in (hospitality) management;
- excellent teaching and coaching skills;
- the ability to write scholarly articles
- for all positions international work experience is required.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers an excellent package of fringe benefits, expat services, a retirement pension through ABP, excellent opportunities for further education, the possibility to participate in collective (health) insurance and generous opportunities for sabbatical.