Hotelschool The Hague is a dynamic, international Hospitality Business School with campuses in The Hague and Amsterdam. Hotelschool The Hague is entrepreneurial, business-like and quality-driven. Our faculty is professional, experienced and international; colleagues work together in small and cohesive teams. Our graduates can be found all over the world working in senior management positions within hospitality focused organisations. Hotelschool The Hague has approximately 2000 students and 200 employees.
Matchmaker - Placement Office 1 fte
The Placement and Lycar team is responsible for the organisation of the practical internships and the Lycar internships. The Placement and Lycar team recruits local placements based on defined partnerships, as well as placing students on the right internship. The Placement and Lycar team consists of a Teamleader, Recruiters, Matchmakers and Administrative support.
General Function Description
The matchmaker guides students before and during their internships and organizes information events.
- has a first intake with 1st and 4th year students to discuss options, wishes and demands, and tries to find an optimal match;
- reviews internships for students together with the recruiter;
- consulates with recruiters to find a specific internships for students;
- assists students with writing a motivation letter and CV;
- approaches companies with an proposal of (multiple) student(s);
- guides students during their internship by visiting or calling students during their internship to evaluate;
- calls/visits companies during the internships of students to evaluate;
- participates in consultation hours for students;
- looks after students during their internships;
- is point of contact for students during crisis;
- advices the Teamleader about emergencies during internships of students;
- reviews information needs of students concerning internships;
- develops plan for placement classes and workshop;
- prepares and provides placement classes and workshops for students about internships;
- evaluates placement classes and workshops and adapts these;
- is accountable for the quality of the matching of the students, guidance and organization and information events;
- has contact with students about the selection and progress of their internship to coach them and to make arrangements;
- has contacts with recruiters about the internships of students to collect information about possible internships and possibilities;
- has contacts with colleagues (coaches, tutors and instructors) about the alignment between the theory and the internships to make arrangements.
- HBO level;
- theoretical and applied knowledge in the area of the department;
- knowledge of the curriculum, objectives and relevant policies of the Hotelschool is prefered;
- Excellent command of English C1 level, both spoken and written;
- the ability to maintain networks;
- coordinating skills;
- advice skills;
- communication and coaching skills;
- able to cope with pressure;
- organizational and administrative skills;
- empathy for students and different cultures;
- familiar with using CMS systems;
- good understanding of hospitality and related industries.
Hotelschool The Hague offers a salary according to salary scale 8 of the HBO-CAO. This position is initially for a period of 6 months with an option for extension.
In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers an excellent package of fringe benefits, such as 53 days of leave with retention of salary per calendar year, a retirement pension through ABP, excellent opportunities for further education, the possibility to participate in collective (health) insurance and generous opportunities for sabbatical.
You will mainly be located in The Hague but are willing to work at our school campuses in The Hague and Amsterdam. More information about the position is available from Ms Lisette Oosterhuis, Teamleader placement Office, phone number 088-0281423.
Please click on the ‘apply’ button to send your application letter and CV, in English, to Ms. Z. Jongkind-Bhaggoe.
This position will be open until 9 september 2015. The review process will begin 10 September 2015.
Please visit our website: www.hotelschool.nl/en/about-us/work
Thank you for your interest in Hotelschool The Hague! Is there no current vacancy that matches your profile? Please do not hesitate to submit your open application using the ‘apply’ button, as Hotelschool The Hague is always interested in hospitality and academic professionals to become part of our: Talent Pool
Hotelschool The Hague has approximately 2300 students and over 200 employees.You will join a multidisciplinary team of faculty working in a range of hospitality related business areas. The school community is international, and the program is taught, and all business is conducted completely in English. Hotelschool The Hague has an excellent reputation developed over 85 years; the result of the structured & innovative educational program and the experience and quality of our staff and lecturers. You will join a dynamic, hardworking team of professionals in a challenging but friendly environment.
General Function Description for Faculty
You are able to develop and teach courses that are closely linked to real-world hospitality management practice. You are a professional and motivating lecturer, encouraging both students and colleagues to achieve excellence. You are an active team player willing to cooperate and contribute to the school’s success. You are both coach and lecturer, with a multidisciplinary approach to business problems. You feel at home in a dynamic and international academic environment.
Criteria talent pool
Our focus is on passionate educators who have a combination of significant knowledge of their discipline, experience in the industry, and in teaching. We seek educators who have passion for both sharing their knowledge, and improving their own abilities, as well as truly caring for students. Our objective is to help shape the new generation of industry leaders. To achieve our mission, we seek people with:
- a minimum of a master’s degree; a PhD is desired. Preference will be given to the individual with extensive applicable experience, regardless of the degree;
- considerable (leadership) experience in the international hospitality industry;
- an affinity for higher education, with previous teaching experience; an enthusiastic approach to education with an emphasis on coaching students to deal with real-world professional assignments;
- excellent oral and written command of English;
- excellent social skills, an ability to work independently, and a proactive attitude to problem solving;
- insights into and knowledge of current affairs and developments in (hospitality) management;
- excellent teaching and coaching skills;
- the ability to write scholarly articles
- for all positions international work experience is required.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. In addition, Hotelschool The Hague offers an excellent package of fringe benefits, expat services, a retirement pension through ABP, excellent opportunities for further education, the possibility to participate in collective (health) insurance and generous opportunities for sabbatical.