Hotelschool The Hagueis a dynamic, international Hospitality Business School with campuses in
The Hague and Amsterdam. Hotelschool The Hague is entrepreneurial, business-like and quality-driven. Our faculty is professional, experienced and international; colleagues work together in small and cohesive teams. Our graduates can be found all over the world working in senior management positions within hospitality-focused organisations.
Human Resources Department
The Human Resources Department is composed of a HR Manager, a HR Advisor and a HR Payroll Advisor. The department provides professional HR advice and support to employees as well as managers. The department’s duties include recruitment and selection, training and education, performance, assessment and reward of employees, working conditions and absenteeism, staff facilities & terms of employment, staff and salary administration and various strategic projects in the area of HR.
Per February 2014 this versatile department has the following vacancy:
Human Resources Trainee
Duties & responsibilities
The Human Resources department is compact, so it is possible for the work placement student trainee to gain an understanding of all the department’s core activities.
Depending on preference and knowledge/experience, the trainee will be able to work on a project.
The trainee may choose to be responsible for one of the Human Resources Department’s following projects:
- Describe and improve (new) HR procedures;
- Contribute to the annual round of performance and assessment;
- Coordinate internal and external training and courses;
- Develop a management information system based on HR target values;
- Sustainable management
In addition to the responsibility of working on one or more projects, on average 1 day per week, the trainee will spend a minimum of 3 days a week working on the core activities of the HR Department, including:
- Training & Education;
- Introduction of new employees;
- Information provision to employees on CAO, procedures, etc.;
- Terms of employment;
- Staff facilities and schemes/benefits;
- Internal communications;
- Performance, assessment and rewards;
- Personnel administration;
- Health & Safety and sick leave.
- 3rd or 4th year HBO student of Human Resource Management or similar;
- Inquisitive and ambitious attitude;
- Independent / shows initiative;
- Excellent command of Dutch and English, both written and oral;
- Service-oriented attitude towards all Hotelschool The Hague employees;
- Handles confidential information on appropriate manner;
- Good communication skills;
- Neat and business-like appearance in conformity with Hotelschool The Hague guidelines;
- Knowledge of Word and Excel.
Work placement tutor: Mr T.T. Kusse MAO, HR Advisor
Period : Minimum 5 months from 1 February 2014
No of days: Preferably 5 days, possibly 4 days a week
Hours: 8.30 to 17.00
Duties: Project(s) and variable range of duties
Training: Opportunity to attend supervision sessions, theme days and write a work placement report.
Days off: In consultation
Placement allowance: € 300 pre-tax per month full-time
Please contact Ms Laura de Vries, HR trainee for more information about the position;
via Tel.: 070 – 351 24 81 or e-mail: email@example.com.
For more information about working at Hotelschool The Hague please visit our website: www.hotelschool.nl/en/about-us/work .
To apply for this position, go to: http://hotelschool.nl/en/about-us/vacancies select HR Trainee and select the “apply” tab on the right portion of the screen.
Would you like to work in an international and dynamic environment for a renowned and internationally acclaimed management institute? Are you interested in working for the Strategic Marketing & Communication Department of one of the top-3 hotel schools in the world and one of the biggest hotel schools in Europe? Please send us your CV and application letter!
Strategic Marketing & Communication Department
The Strategic Marketing & Communication Department has 4 employees and is lead by the Strategic Marketing & Communication Manager. The department is responsible for the international and external promotion of the school, branding, the alumni policy and events.
Trainee Strategic Marketing & Communication
fulltime, Amsterdam campus
As of January 2014, we can offer you a placement at the Strategic Marketing and Communication Department for a period of 5 or 6 months. The trainee will work primarily in the Amsterdam office, but will also have to attend meetings on a regular basis in the office in The Hague. The trainee will be assigned independent tasks and will be supervised by one of the Strategic Marketing & Communication staff members. The trainee will get the opportunity to further develop him-/herself and to participate in an enthusiastic and professional team of young people.
- Producing mailings, press releases and dealing with requests for information;
- Creating content for Social Media;
- Monitoring comments and feedback on Social Media
- Creating content for the website (writing articles, photography, etc.);
- Developing various PR activities
- Keeping the website up-to-date;
- Conducting interviews with students, staff and alumni;
- Writing reports on events and school activities;
- House style check;
- Quality care (satisfaction surveys/evaluations);
- Organising (large-scale) events; both internal and public events;
- Producing the digital weekly student & staff news;
- Executing research (competition/marketing data);
- Executing the production of brochures en flyers;
- All daily tasks.
- Hands-on mentality;
- Good command of the Dutch and English language;
- Excellent computer skills such as Excel, Power Point,etc.;
- Proactive work attitude and Communicative;
- HBO education, for example Communication, Marketing, or Business
- Service minded attitude;
- Ability to cope with stress, enthusiastic and energetic.
Placement fee: € 300.- per month (incl. travel expenses).
You can contact the Strategic Marketing and Communication Department at 070-3512481 for more information regarding this position.