Erasmus Charter for Higher Education

Erasmus Charter for Higher Education

Erasmus+ Programme

Erasmus+ is the European subsidy programme for education, youth and sport. Hotelschool The Hague participates in the Erasmus+ programme. Participating in the programme will offer students a unique opportunity for placement experience in any other European country for three to twelve months.

The Erasmus+ grant is intended for students who go on placement within Europe and covers the travel and living costs abroad. It’s a contribution towards the extra costs. The Erasmus+ grant is not intended to cover all the cost of a stay in a foreign country. The total amount of your grant will depend on the length of your mobility period and the country of your destination.

In 2013 Hotelschool The Hague became holder of the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE) 2014-2020

Participating countries

All 28 member countries of the European Union participate in the Erasmus+, as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein, FYR of Macedonia, Norway, Turkey and the overseas territories of all these countries.


The grant amounts per month have been determined by the National Agency Erasmus+. In the table below you will find the amount for placement per day for each of the three country groups. How much grant you will receive depends on the country you will be going to for your placement.

Within the first 30 days after departure you will receive 70% of the total grant amount. The remaining payment of 30% will be received after you have finalized all required documentation. Please note that some requirements are online reports or assessments, for which you will receive the invitation, link and deadline directly from the European Commission by email. 

Group 1: Programme Countries with higher living costs - €16,00 per day
Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Sweden, United Kingdom, Liechtenstein, Norway

Group 2: Programme Countries with medium living costs- €14,00 per day
Austria, Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Greece, Spain, Cyprus, Netherlands, Malta, Portugal

Group 3: Programme Countries with lower living costs - €12,00 per day
Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey


In order to qualify for the grant, the following restrictions are in place:

·         You must be registered as full-time student at Hotelschool The Hague.

·         Your placement must have been approved by the Placement Office.

·         Your placement is full time, between 36 and 40 hours per week.

·         The placement duration has to be between 3 months to 12 months

·         The maximum amount of months you are applicable to receive the grant is 12. This means can apply twice. Once during practical placement and again during your management placement.

·         All students who have been accepted to participate in the grant must take part in an online language assessment both before and at the end of the mobility period.
Participating in the assessment is to monitor the progress in the language competence. The assessment has to be made in the main language of instruction at the placement company.

Please note that receiving the Erasmus+ grant is not a certainty, the budget is limited and being awarded with the grant is always a matter of availability and personal circumstances of the applicant. It’s important to remember this when planning your budgeting for your placement.

The Erasmus grant will be awarded conditionally and will only be final after uploading and submitting all required documents and assessments before the deadlines.

The complete procedure and all information about the Erasmus+ grant can be found on the work site of Placement Office on

Disclaimer: The information above is provided by Hotelschool The Hague; the National Agency Erasmus+ and the European Commission take no responsibility for the contents.